Saturday, November 13, 2010

An Important Announcement from Roll Some Dice

I know many of you are probably eagerly awaiting news of FATE Kerberos, but... this is about something else. Before you get too disappointed, though, read on.

My Game Chef 2010 entry has made it through to the finalist round (along with nearly half of the 59 entries, from what I can tell), but the winner is the game that's been playtested by the most groups before the December 5th deadline. Not playtested the most, because multiple sessions with the same group don't count, but playtested by the largest number of groups.

So this post is to let you know that you can help me almost win Game Chef simply by playing my game.

It's called Action City!, and it's a game about, more or less, '80s action movies, mostly of the cheesy variety. You can find the current game text at that link there, and some rules clarifications, examples, and other invaluable stuff here. (Seriously, that second link is important.) To play, you'll need a buncha d6s, some index cards, a deck of playing cards, two or three other players, and a couple hours to spare. Actually, I'm not sure how long gameplay would take, but if you put a couple hours into it, it'll certainly count as a playtest. It's not a FATE game, but if you're familiar with FATE I'm sure one or two elements of it will be a bit easier for you to swallow.

You may now go back to being disappointed about the lack of FATE Kerberos news. I'm sorry I got your hopes up.

2 comments:

RF said...

Dude that game looks awesome! I'm printing it as I type so I can run this over Thanksgiving weekend hopefully.

Mike Olson said...

Hey, all right! Score one point for cross-promotion!

Ron, when/if you play it, head on over to Roll Some Dice and leave a comment to let me know how it went. Thanks!